Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Glue

Chocolate Shadow Cake
Special request this week for a Chocolate Shadow Cake.  I will admit, I was very proud of the end result and the batter was good enough to swim in!  So, the cake must have been delicious.

Finally, it came to me how to attach the yoke to the dress I was making for my granddaughter.  It's finished and another will be done tomorrow.  Then on to another.  I think after I finish these dresses for her, I"ll make something for myself.  Then, kitchen curtains.

What else did I do this past week?  Oh!  I made that orange marmalade.  It's very pretty in the jars.  I decided to find a place for them that didn't hide them.  Looking at the jars makes me happy.  Then I moved on to strawberry jam and baking, baking, baking.....  It's what I do and I love it all!

I wonder often how I ever accomplished anything when I had a job.  I have no time left at the end of each day and much left over than I didn't get done.  I'm always busy and always tired but content.  After working for more than 30 years, I do what I love.  Bake, cross stitch, clean and sew.  I can pick my granddaughter up from school.  Or say I can keep her when she gets sick.  Old fashioned?  Out of touch with the times?  Probably.  I have always felt that the homemaker is the glue holding the family together.  I wish my time to be the glue had come years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment