Thursday, March 17, 2011

Seasons

Today I thought of all the Springs in my life.  Yes, I know the names of season are not capitalized but I think they should be.  One particularly bad year seventeen years ago,  Spring came and turned to Summer before I noticed.  I promised myself to never let that happen again.   I thought back to recent Springs.  Four years ago, without a clue, I was standing at the edge of the worst time of my life.  It's good we don't know what lies ahead because we might not choose to go on if we did.  And certainly, after the worst times, things will get better.   Last year, life was taking yet another turn.  A turn for the better, to a more peaceful existence.  This spring is not the most exciting time of my life but it is one of the best.  I am in an easy place, contentment and self-satisfaction.  I love the details of my life and having the time to notice the seasons changing and all that each season brings.

2 comments:

  1. If there was an "add soundtrack" function I'd cue up the Vivaldi... no, wait, that's just too obvious, got to make you think a bit... Oh, yes, I know just the piece.

    Domenico Scarlatti, Sonata in C Minor, K. 48 - on harpsichord. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0NWVDCttA

    ...

    Thirty-four years ago I volunteered as a stage hand to set up for a group "The New York Baroque Ensemble" and first met that imposing Hubbard harpsichord, and the gentle lady playing it. I've been hooked on harpsichord ever since.

    [wpw]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's MUSIC. I played a Bach Invention on a harpsicord in a piano recital years ago. Thank you Bill, for putting my thoughts to music.

    ReplyDelete